The skin is the ultimate protective layer of your body. If you have healthy skin, you can lead a healthier life as the skin layers can prevent the entry of various microorganisms into your body. But the skin fails to act as the effective barrier when there is any compromise in the form of infection or a chronic disease. Skin diseases can indeed create big trouble in life as it causes continuous irritation and you may slowly lose the self-confidence if you feel that your disease is making people show a negative attitude towards you.
Acne is perhaps the most common skin problem that persists in many people for a long time. The acne breakout usually happens on your face, neck, upper chest, and upper back portions. The maximum acne cases happen in teenagers who are going through hormonal changes. The whiteheads, blackheads, pimples, painful cysts, and nodules can cause pain and leave permanent scars on your body. It is not easy to say goodbye to acne using only topical ointments or medicines. You need to take good care of your skin.
- Regular cleansing
As you know, the increasing pollution harms your skin quality. The dust and dirt particles accumulate in the pores, triggering more acne formation. So you have to maintain a regular regime of cleansing the skin using some gentle cleanser. If you have oily skin, you can try the cleansers with oil control formulae or tea-tree oil that prevents acne. Thorough cleaning once or twice daily keeps the pores clean.
- Toning your skin
The cleansers deeply wash away the dust particles from the pores but leave the pores open. When you again step out, the pollutants will again easily get inside the open pores. The most feasible option is to apply a toner immediately after cleansing your face. It will close the pores and minimize the harm to the skin even when you are stepping out of your home.
- Proper moisturization
Many think that moisturizers are only for dry skin and not for oily skin. But it is a complete misconception. The oily skin also needs thorough hydration, but the moisturizer should be lightweight and gel-based. It should also be non-comedogenic so that it doesn’t block the pores. If you go through Medovie’s reviews and testimonials, you will learn that such products are good for both oily and dry skin as the manufacturers create different ranges of products to suit the different skin types’ needs.
Protection from sun
The harmful UV rays of the sun are one of the most dangerous elements for your skin. A sunblock cream with high SPF can offer protection for a longer period if you have plans of staying out for a long time in the sun. The UV rays can even be one of the reasons causing skin cancer. Consult a dermatologist to detect the exact skin type and then start applying natural products to guard the skin from sun rays.
Psoriasis and its prevention
Another chronic disease is Psoriasis, which can restrict many activities of your life. The red patchy scale-like skin tissue comes off as peels, and the condition can be very painful. Various ointments and oils can soothe the skin but cannot cure the condition. But if you are ready to pamper your skin, then the condition won’t spread much in your body, and the symptoms will be minimal.
- Don’t allow the skin to get too dry, as the dryness will only increase the scaly tissues on the skin.
- Applying topical medicines is only a good idea if you are choosing the ones which contain natural herbal extracts.
- Avoiding chemicals and any kinds of skin irritants is compulsory as it will only aggravate the condition.
Those who suffer from chronic skin diseases often fail to realize that instead of searching fanatically for various medicines and ointments, a little change in the diet can bring about a magical effect. A balanced diet including lots of Vitamin C can be the beginning of the healthy skin journey.
- Eat lots of fruits as citric acid is a beneficial element to minimize all types of skin problems and even prevent the spread of the diseases.
- Adding antioxidants to the diet is compulsory as they can absorb the free radicals in your body. The free radicals can cause skin cancer and other skin issues, too along with causing cardiac problems.
- Olive oil will be a healthy option for cooking, which will remarkably minimize facial photoaging. The oil can prevent wrinkles, discoloration, and dark spots that may result from long-term exposure to sunlight.
- Drink green tea as the polyphenols in the tea can rejuvenate the dying cells of the skin. Healing wounds and preventing further infection is possible with regular consumption.
Now that you know how to take care of your skin, prepare your regime and start following ut for a healthy glow.