We are presently living in a pandemic infested world. Health is a matter of concern for everyone. Illness of any kind will be expensive to treat whether you are hospitalized or not. The costs involved can hurt your savings. This is why you need health insurance to be ready for any eventuality. While this is the main reason to get health insurance, there is another key reason.
In fact, most people are not even aware of this benefit. This is the benefit of a free medical checkup. Most health insurance policies offer a free medical checkup to the insured person or persons. People spend a lot of money getting a health checkup done annually. What they don’t know is that the insurer offers a free medical check-up, which they can avail.
Why is medical checkup necessary?
Some people do not take up the free medical checkup offered by the insurer, even though they know that this option is available. There are two reasons for this. One is that the person fears that if the medical checkup reveals an illness, their insurance application will be rejected or the premium rates hiked. This is not true and should not be a reason to skip a medical checkup.
The second reason is that people feel it is not important to get a medical checkup done. This is an extremely wrong misconception! We live in a stressful world, where lifestyle diseases are increasing. Small children are getting diabetes. Youngsters in their 20s and 30s are suffering heart attacks. In such a scenario, getting a medical checkup is no longer an option, it is essential.
The reasons for getting a medical check-up done are:
- You can find out if you are in good health. This will reassure you and your loved ones.
- Any health condition, however minor it maybe, will be detected during the check-up. This ensures you can get timely treatment to avoid serious complications later.
- Spending a couple of hours for a medical checkup is better than spending days in a hospital after you fall ill.
- The doctor can evaluate your overall health and recommend what you need to do to improve your health or continue to be healthy.
Free health checkup and health insurance
It must be noted that not all health insurance policies provide the option of a free health check-up. You need to ascertain this before buying the policy. You can compare health insurance plans from different insurers and select the policy that offers a free medical checkup.
The free medical checkup can include one or more of the following:
- Blood tests to check for blood sugar, cholesterol levels, and lipid profile.
- Urine test.
- Thyroid test.
- Liver and kidney function test.
- X-ray and ultrasound scanning.
- Physical examination.
Comparing policies from insurance agency like Bharti AXA will help you find out the one that offers a comprehensive checkup. Avail of the checkup and use its results to stay healthy.